¡Nuevo! Resúmenes por país
Estos resúmenes informativos por país siguen:
- precios de los cereales y del ganado;
- análisis de los factores que inciden en la situación actual de la seguridad alimentaria.
- Maize prices remained stable during the last quarter of 2011 and beginning of 2012.
- Overall food security is satisfactory, but some 250,000 people, mostly from the southern provinces, were affected by production losses in 2011, and require assistance.
- At the beginning of [...]
- Prices of rice and wheat remained stable however, experienced some fluctuation in November and December.
- The overall food security situation is favorable however, due to low cereal production, it remains a concern in certain districts in Mid-Western Mountain and Mid-Western Hill.
- Natural [...]
- Rice and maize prices in local markets, in recent months, remained steady, while red bean prices showed a decreasing trend thanks to a good harvest prospects.
- The Food security situation has generally improved, however some areas that experienced crop damages are [...]
- Cereal prices registered sharp unseasonal increases during the period between September 2011 and February 2012, due to shortages in production.
- The country is undergoing a serious food crisis with some 5.4 million people are estimated to be food insecure. Agencies agree [...]
- Prices of wheat, wheat flour and rice have shown an increasing trend during the reference period.
- Food security remains a major challenge for the flood-affected population in southern districts; agencies agree that there is a high prevalence of hunger.
- The influx of [...]
- Prices stabilized after the new supply of milled rice started reaching markets in January 2012.
- Food security conditions are generally stable as prices declined and households' food stocks are restored.
- The political situation in the country is reported as tense as supporters [...]
- Prices registered a sharp decline since September; however maize prices in Mogadishu have shown a highly volatile trend.
- Despite the declaration of the end of the famine conditions, an estimated 2.32 million people are considered in need of food assistance.
- Conflict, insecurity [...]
- Rice prices have been rising in the last months but stabilized in January while wheat flour prices, although remained stable, were very high, mainly due to import dependence.
- Although food security has improved, poor groups particularly children suffer from high levels [...]
- Prices of sorghum, millet and wheat steadily increased in most markets due to shortages in the 2011 production. Wheat prices, not only have shown a volatile trend, but were also nearly three times higher than international prices.
- About 3.2 million people [...]
- High food prices and political instability have pushed additional poor households into a condition of extreme food insecurity.
- Widespread lack of access to food is reported. Food distributions by international agencies are constrained by conflict and high levels of insecurity.
- According to [...]