¡Nuevo! Resúmenes por país
Estos resúmenes informativos por país siguen:
- precios de los cereales y del ganado;
- análisis de los factores que inciden en la situación actual de la seguridad alimentaria.
- Coarse grains prices have sharply increased and are expected to stay high, given that production has decreased and supply will be limited in the whole western Sahel region during marketing year 2011/12.
- The estimated number of food insecure people is put [...]
- The country is affected by high food prices resulting from the reduced 2011 harvest and high international food prices.
- According to recent surveys, the number of food insecure people is 838,000, with acute food insecurity levels already noted in southeastern Mauritania; [...]
- Maize prices remained stable during the last quarter of 2011 and beginning of 2012.
- Overall food security is satisfactory, but some 250,000 people, mostly from the southern provinces, were affected by production losses in 2011, and require assistance.
- At the beginning of [...]
- Prices of rice and wheat remained stable however, experienced some fluctuation in November and December.
- The overall food security situation is favorable however, due to low cereal production, it remains a concern in certain districts in Mid-Western Mountain and Mid-Western Hill.
- Natural [...]
- Rice and maize prices in local markets, in recent months, remained steady, while red bean prices showed a decreasing trend thanks to a good harvest prospects.
- The Food security situation has generally improved, however some areas that experienced crop damages are [...]
- Cereal prices registered sharp unseasonal increases during the period between September 2011 and February 2012, due to shortages in production.
- The country is undergoing a serious food crisis with some 5.4 million people are estimated to be food insecure. Agencies agree [...]
- Prices of wheat, wheat flour and rice have shown an increasing trend during the reference period.
- Food security remains a major challenge for the flood-affected population in southern districts; agencies agree that there is a high prevalence of hunger.
- The influx of [...]
- Prices stabilized after the new supply of milled rice started reaching markets in January 2012.
- Food security conditions are generally stable as prices declined and households' food stocks are restored.
- The political situation in the country is reported as tense as supporters [...]
- Prices registered a sharp decline since September; however maize prices in Mogadishu have shown a highly volatile trend.
- Despite the declaration of the end of the famine conditions, an estimated 2.32 million people are considered in need of food assistance.
- Conflict, insecurity [...]
- Rice prices have been rising in the last months but stabilized in January while wheat flour prices, although remained stable, were very high, mainly due to import dependence.
- Although food security has improved, poor groups particularly children suffer from high levels [...]