Invitation to Join the Food Security Information Network (FSIN)
On October 2012, FAO, IFPRI and WFP officially launched the Food Security Information Network (FSIN) to enable developing countries to build sustainable food and nutrition information systems. The FSIN has established a global community of practice (CoP) which links a broad range of partners. It thus facilitates the exchange of experiences and field practices related to food security and nutrition information among national, regional and global thematic networks.
Why join the FSIN Community of Practice?
WWW.FSINCOP.NET is the online platform behind the FSIN initiative and the FSIN CoP. Participants include representatives from national, regional or global institutions, NGOs and food security professionals. It provides public access to professional development tools and offers registered members the opportunity to:
- receive weekly e-alerts and a quarterly e-newsletters to be kept up-to-date on the latest news and events related to food and nutrition security information systems;
- automatically receive invitations to participate in e-consultations;
- participate in dedicated discussion groups on emerging topics (e.g. resilience measurement)
- propose content for the “news and events” section; and
- access CoP members’ profiles for information exchange and networking.
To find out more about FSIN and to join the community of practice, please visit www.fsincop.net