- The population under the poverty threshold decreased between 2009 and 2011, from 9.9% in 2009 to 9.7% in 2010 and 9.2% in 2011. Social assistance decreased accordingly.
- The period of January–March was distinguished by low food prices comparing to the same [...]
- Agricultural production is expected to be higher in 2012 than in 2011 for all main crops. Wheat production continues to increase and self-sufficiency is expected in 2015.
- The prevalence of poverty continued to decline from 9.1% in 2010 to 7.6% in [...]
- Agricultural production is expected to be good in 2012, much above the 2007–2011 average levels for all main products, except winter crops which have been severely affected by frosts. A tender has been launched to import 70 000 tonnes of [...]
- Food prices increased by 4.4% between December 2011 and March 2012. Potato price increased by 15%, bread and beef prices remained about stable.
- The production of wheat, potato and fruits is expected to be higher in 2012 than in 2011, due [...]