New! Country Briefs
The Country Briefs monitor
- cereal and livestock prices; and
- analyze factors affecting the current food security situation.
- Cereal prices well above historical average due to production shortfalls and disruptions in trade.
- Food security is affected by multiple shocks including high intensity conflict, widespread drought and localized floods.
- Different agencies assess the food security situation in Sudan as severe or [...]
- Maize price has steadily decreased from the 2008 peak level, but remains very high compared to 2007 and early 2008.
- The country faces less political instability and violence, but the risk of reversal is high.
- Despite significant improvements in food security in [...]
- Wheat prices are down from the peaks of May 2008 but are levelling off well above the historical average.
- The long military conflict resulted in displacement of more than 3 million people who suffer from severe food insecurity.
- Food insecurity remains widespread [...]
- Food prices are still high, especially in remote regions where access to food is extremely limited.
- Political instability and drought have affected food security of the people and forced widespread displacement.
- Nepal is described as severely food insecure facing a serious structural [...]
- Declining imported rice and maize prices are still well above 2007 levels, with severe negative implications for the poor.
- The country is prone to natural hazards and political instability, which regularly cause production losses, food insecurity and displacement.
- Food security improved across [...]
- Food security situation remains difficult due to persistent high food prices and irregular rains at the beginning of the season resulting in 6% decline in cereal production.
- The floods significantly affected the livelihoods [...]
- Food security is deeply affected by extremely high cereal prices.
- Conflict and uneasy truce with Ethiopia have undermined food security and caused major displacement of people.
- Different agencies agree that Eritrea is troubled by a very high and extremely alarming problem of [...]