Food Security Statistics Module
The Food Security Statistical Module (FSSM) provides training and technical assistance to strengthen the statistical analytical capacity of national statistics systems.
- Improve the statistical analysis of food consumption data collected in the commonly used national household surveys such as Household Budget Surveys and Living Standards Measurement Surveys.
- Derive a suite of food security indicators at the national level and for grouping populations based on demographic, geographic and socioeconomic factors of households.
- Provide inputs to policies to alleviate hunger and poverty.
- Estimating food dietary energy consumption statistics
- Estimating food deprivation at the national level and for population sub groups
- Derivation of basic food security and consumption statistics
- Analysis of the inequality of food consumption
- Food consumption behavior analysis
- Staff in National Statistical Organizations involved in household surveys which collect food consumption data.
- Staff from other national institutions involved in the management, analysis, and reporting of food security information.
Survey Data Requirements
- Household food consumption details with corresponding quantity and monetary values
- Household characteristics such as size, composition, geographical regions, location, etc.
- Head of household characteristics such as gender, age, activity, occupation etc.
- Statistical procedures and software designed to process and aid the analysis of food consumption data from national household surveys; and
- Software for designing tables and charts for reporting results.